When I was rooting around looking for jars to refill the other day (see my Teacup Candles post) I discovered I had saved a few more than I had wax to fill. I had recently been given a whole bag of old lace curtains so wondered if there was a crafty way to make these holders a bit more interesting.
I cut a piece of lace out for each one and then cellotaped it to fix it around the top and the bottom. I’ll admit it, this took a bit of time for the slopy sided holder as I ended up making a template. When cellotaping I tried to make sure that it was even all the way round for a neat edge, which almost worked! Then I sprayed with a few coats of spray paint, waited for it all to dry and then peeled off the tape and lace.
Overall this worked out better than I thought and I may try it again with some different colours when I get around to buying more spraypaint. I think white would look prettier than black, or it could be a cool way of tying your candle holder into a room’s colour scheme. After all I still have lots of lace left!